This classic Kyosho Remote Control kit from the late 1980′s, The Icarus 2wd Racing Buggy, has to be one of the coolest looking buggies that Kyosho manufactured. The sister car to the Kyosho Pegasus, It uses the same chassis with a few changes to the running gear. Even though it was a mid level racing kit it delivered high performance with several advanced features.
The Icarus featured:
- Coil Spring Oil Filled shocks at all four corners
- Gear type rear differential (true-type)
- ABS Wheels
- Semi-pneumatic tires
- Double wishbone front suspension
- Swing arm rear suspension
What we love about the Icarus is the full roll cage and thin front tires. Combined with the rear knobby tires The Icarus delivers that “Sand Rail” look. The entire car was manufactured with light weight in mind and that really helped deliver great performance on the racing track.
As you can see we own a NIB Icarus and a nice example for display that we are going to clean up and restore.
Click on the thumbnails to see the Icarus in full view.
- Vintage Kyosho 1/10th scale Eleck Peanut Dune Buggy From 1978 Kyosho’s First Electric Car Very Rare! Vintage Kyosho Electric Peanuts This is an extremely rare car,...
- Vintage Tamiya Daytona Thunder Stock Car #58153 Electric Radio Control Car This is another favorite of ours, a classic Tamiya in...
- Vintage Kyosho 1/10th scale Peanut 09 Nitro Dune Buggy from 1976 Very Rare!! This is one of the rarest cars in our collection...
- Vintage Tamiya Nissan R91CP #58109 Electric Radio Control Racing Kit This classic Tamiya kit is one of our personal favorites....
- Vintage Tamiya Fiat Abarth Berlina Corsa #58158 Electric Radio Control Car kit This classic Tamiya Fiat Abarth Berline Corsa #58158 is a...